우리 동네 1987년 4월

Korea Art Gallery

우리 동네 1987년 4월

Title of art 우리 동네 1987년 4월/My Village : April 1987 Sector Painting (회화)
Art specifications 68?190cm Material technique Oil on canvas
Collection year 2001 Production year 1987
Gallery Seoul Museum of Art Artist Lim Ok-sang
Description of art The year 1987 was an unforgettable one in the history of Korean democracy and a culminating point for the 1980s democratization movement. The street depicted in the “My Village: 1987” series is located in the Daeseong-dong neighborhood of Jeonju, North Jeolla Province where Lim lived. For this work, he drew a series of four landscape paintings at the same location to show the changes in the four seasons: “A street is not a mere passageway or a neutral space of life. A street is a vibrant witness to political and cultural life.” In the same vein, the pedestrians walking the village streets and the natural changing of the four seasons shed light on the humble lives of everyday Koreans in 1987. In “My Village: April 1987” (1987), despite spring being in full bloom in April, nowhere in the picture can the spirit of the season be found?not in the woman walking with her hands behind her back, the man walking with his head down, the farmer riding a tractor, or in the gloomy buildings. Only the hint of spring in the mountains and the color of cherry blossoms behind the single-story restaurant and corner grocery store buildings in the foreground allude to the prospective changes to the world.
Address 61, Deoksugung-gil, Jung-gu, Seoul Source Seoul Metropolitan Government

22780.jpg

0 Comments
Photo Subject

New Post

New Comments

Facebook Twitter GooglePlus KakaoStory KakaoTalk NaverBand