2001년 09월 05일 I, II

Korea Art Gallery

2001년 09월 05일 I, II

stocking 0 16 0 0
Title of art 2001년 09월 05일 I, II/September 5, 2001 I, II Sector Drawings & Prints (드로잉&판화)
Art specifications 24.8×19.8cm(×2개) Material technique Ink on paper
Collection year 2019 Production year 2001
Gallery Seoul Museum of Art Artist Lee, Sung-Yon
Description of art 〈September 5, 2001 I, II 〉(2001) is a drawing on two sheets of hanji (Korean traditional paper) with her signature light and instantaneous strokes by using an ink stick. In the left painting, there are two figures: a person who is jumping over the wall and a person who looks at him at the bottom of the screen. In the right painting, there are people who have crossed the wall and are flying in the air and a person who looks at them. The work presumably symbolizes people flying over their mental obstacles, an ego who observes those people, or the artist herself. Lee Sung-Yon has lived in Germany for a long time and worked as a painter, a monk who leads the practice of Zen, and a counselor. This variety of experiences became the basis of her art. 〈September 5, 2001 I, II〉 demonstrates Lee’s artistic approach, which values comforting and empathizing with others rather than didactically revealing information through painting.
Address 61, Deoksugung-gil, Jung-gu, Seoul Source Seoul Metropolitan Government

22606.jpg

0 Comments
Photo Subject

New Post

New Comments

Facebook Twitter GooglePlus KakaoStory KakaoTalk NaverBand