Boryeong Coal Museum (보령석탄박물관)

Korea Cultural Facilities

1. Please comment if there are any places you would like to visit. We will post pictures and detailed maps. 

Boryeong Coal Museum (보령석탄박물관)

stocking 0 263 0 0

Situated in Boryeong (Chungcheongnam-do), Boryeong Coal Museum focuses on the history of the coal industry and its importance. Its indoor and outdoor exhibition halls display a wide array of coal equipment employed to mine and carry coal. Visitors can also see a video depicting the coal mining process.

A reproduced mine is equipped with a tunnel (using the cold air from a closed mine) and decorated with photos on the wall of the tunnel. Reproducing the real process of coal mining, visitors may feel as if they are going up and down the mine, 400m underground. The museum is open from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. (to 5 p.m. during the winter season); it is closed on Mondays.

Day off Mondays, January 1, Seollal & Chuseok, the day after each holiday Usage fee Adults: Individuals 1,500 won / Groups 1,200 won
Teenagers: Individuals 800 won / Groups 600 won
Children: Individuals 500 won / Groups 400 won

* Group: 20 people or more
* Children (ages 5 and under), Seniors (ages 65 and older) may enter free of charge.
* Children (ages 6-12) / Teenagers (ages 13-18)

Discount information Viewing time 30min - 1hour
Hours of use March-October: 09:00-18:00
November-February: 09:00-17:00
* Last admission: 30min before closing.
Inquiry • 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-41-934-1902,
+82-41-930-3566
Scale Capacity
Parking facility 130 parking spaces Parking fee Free
Stroller rental able With pets none
Credit card able Source KOREA TOURISM ORGANIZATION
Address 508, Seongjusan-ro, Seongju-myeon, Boryeong-si, Chungcheongnam-do

Info. Services for Koreans:Available Reservations:Reservation for groups are required in advance Foreign Language Intepretation Services:Not available

0 Comments

New Post

New Comments

Facebook Twitter GooglePlus KakaoStory KakaoTalk NaverBand