Changgyeonggung Palace (창경궁)
Located in the heart of Seoul, Changgyeonggung Palace was originally built as Suganggung Palace by the 4th ruler of the Joseon dynasty, King Sejong (r.1418-1450), for his retiring father, King Taejong. It often served as residential quarters for queens and concubines. During the reign of King Seongjong (r.1469-1494), the palace was renovated and renamed to Changgyeonggung Palace. It later became a park with a zoo and a botanical garden during Japanese colonial rule. The palace grounds remained this way until 1983 when restoration of its old grace was completed.
* Integrated admission ticket is also available and can be purchased separately. Refer to the palace websites for details.
Restrooms : Available
Parking Fees : Standard fare: 2,000 won for 2 hr / 1,000 for every additional 30 min
Minibus and larger: 3,000 won for 2 hr / 1,000 for every additional 30 min
* Free parking when palace is closed
Interpretation Services Offered : English - 11:00, 16:00
Japanese - 10:00, 14:00
Chinese - 09:30, 15:00
* Departure: In front of Okcheongyo Bridge / Duration: Approx. 1 hour
* Groups of 30 people or more are required to make a reservation two days in advance via phone at +82-2-762-4868.